1. Dentist appointment went all right yesterday. She tried shooting me up with the Novocaine by herself this time, but apparently, I kept trying to get away from the needle - even with my eyes shut. She ended up giving me more topical numbing stuff and then getting the assistant to come hold my hand and keep me still.
So both fillings are done, which means I'm done now except for regular cleanings, although the dentist did say that my bottom one may end up needing root canal down the road. I'm not too horrified about it; I don't like going to the dentist by any means, but she and her assistant have been so good with me that I'm not panicky about the idea like I might otherwise be.
Since both fillings were in my back right molars, top and bottom, they had to shoot me up with, like, double the Novocaine; something about the bottom ones being deep tissue and they're always harder. So I leave the place and go with hubby to bum around Target till it was time to pick up Boychild from school, and my lips are all dry and icky, right? So I pull out my lip balm
and try to put it on. I got the top lip done all right, and half the bottom lip before apparently continuing to draw across the rest of my face. I couldn't feel my lip after about the middle, and of course that whole portion of my face was just as devoid of feeling. I thought hubby was going to wet himself, he was laughing so hard! Which made me laugh, too, and then I promptly forgot how to swallow properly, which was partially because my tongue - also numb - was caught on my teeth on that side and I couldn't tell.
Cue nearly-hysterical laughter in the middle of Target.
Finally regained all feeling about five hours or so later - and had to dig out the leftover Vicodin from July's root canal because WOW, Novocaine makes me sore!
Feeling all right today, but leery about eating anything really solid, still.
2. All managers and supervisors are out today; it's been lovely up here.
3. My mom's dog didn't need surgery after all; the vet said it should be cleared up with the proper medication, so Christmas is saved for them. I feel like a heel for bitching about it yesterday, but JESUS. You know?
4. I have graphics I need to make this evening, among other things - hopefully I'll remember everything!
5. How is everyone doing this week? ♥