1. WOW, I've missed rather a lot. Work keeps me swamped, unfortunately. I miss you all.
2. On the work front - I am still unbelievably bogged down with stuff to do, but the last few days have made it seem like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. You know that time early in the morning when no one is awake and you're unsure whether the world is still turning because all you can see, all you can hear is the nothingness of silence and sleep? And then just there, far off in the distance, you realize there's this faint glow spreading along the horizon, the one that isn't really rays of light and can't even accurately be described
as light. But there's that faintest ghost of a shimmer, and you know the sun will be absolutely glorious this morning - that's the kind of feeling I've had the last couple days. And I'm a little lighter for it.
3. My youngest sister, Amanda, has decided she'd rather live with us than with her best friend's parents. So on Saturday, we took her to the apartment place to apply, since she's over 18. And they were having an open house, so she (we, actually) didn't have to pay an application fee, which was extremely nice. And if she's approved - which shouldn't be a problem - she'll be entered into a drawing to win a $500 visa gift card and another to win an iPod.
4. We've decided mostly that we're going to let her and Mikey have the bigger bedroom, which isn't too big a sacrifice because both the rooms just seem huge to us. But this way, they'll be able to have two twin beds instead of bunk beds, which is good because Mikey HATES climbing up into that thing, and Amanda sure won't climb up every night. And I can't really blame either of them for it - I was never a top-bunk kind of girl.
5. We'll be moving bits and pieces here and there beginning next Wednesday, when we get the keys, but the big exodus will be mostly over Easter weekend. I have that Friday off and more people seem to be available for then. Anyone nearby who is willing to help is more than welcome.
6. Apparently, I am turning 31 on Sunday. Surely that can't be right...where does the time go?
7. I have made no progress on my list of books
, except to add a few to it. *rolls eyes* I can't wait for all my various days off, I am going to lock myself away for a while and just read. Voraciously.
8. I've been wanting to write lately, too, but there's that time commodity problem, like with the reading list. I just try to sneak in whatever I can, but I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms.
9. Speaking of writing...ANGEL
. Should I have gotten anything from you yet besides the outline you originally sent? I haven't seen anything, and I'm not sure if you just haven't sent it or if I didn't get it. Let me know. :)
10. Day off
today. *sighs and grins, relaxing into pillows*
11. Song meme swiped from coonassblondie
. List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your Journal along with your seven songs.
Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.
You know me, I rarely tag. Do it if you wanna. XD.
My seven, in no particular order:
1. Little Wonders
- Rob Thomas
2. In Time
- Robbie Robb
3. Love Like This
- Natasha Bedingfield ft. Sean Kingston
4. Gotta Be Somebody
5. The Rainbow Connection
- Dixie Chicks
6. Hot N Cold
- Katy Perry
7. I'm Yours
- Jason Mraz