1. Seriously. Check out the Owl City album "Ocean Eyes." The music is gorgeous, and the lyrics are wonderful, if quirky and outright dorky and full of puns at times. I love the whole album, but my favorites are Fireflies
and Vanilla Twilight
, and I really love the end of Hello Seattle
Sarah. I think you would like Vanilla Twilight.
2. OK, so this weekend was actually pretty good, factoring out the headache. We bought our Christmas tree and some ornaments for it, as well as a tree topper (a colorful star that lights up - it reminded hubby of what he had growing up, and I caved because I didn't mind it). We also got gift cards for my parents and some decent cookie sheets for our kitchen.
I was looking for soup crocks on Saturday as well, ones that I can use in the oven, the microwave, the dishwasher. I found a set of four at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but they wanted THIRTY BUCKS for it. I said hell no and found a set of four online at Collections, Etc., lids and all, on clearance for $7.97
. We found a code for free shipping, and voilá, a good set of soup crocks for under ten bucks. I'm totally ordering another set.
This, of course, means I can finally make that french onion soup recipe I've been wanting to make. We even picked up some good brandy for it; I can't wait to get my crocks so I can make my daddy his beloved french onion soup. Note to self: find out what gruyere
cheese is, and see if you like it better than muenster.
3. Collections, Etc.
! Oh, my gosh. Oh, oh, my gosh. I love it. I was adding things to my wish list right, left and center. It's, like, fifty-two items long. I found SO. MUCH. apple stuff (I have a thing for decorating my kitchen in apples), and can't wait to start collecting it all. There's so much great stuff there; check it out, for real.
4. Picked up these shoes
at Payless on Sunday. I didn't even know they were called "Kimberly Mary Jane" pumps till I just went looking for the picture of them! Hee! Anyway, they are VERY comfortable and perfect
for work, and I love them. AND breaking them in isn't as much of a pain as I was thinking it would be! YAY!
5. My headache was gone when I woke up this morning. This is a lovely thing.
6. The light rail is up and working now out by me, so my ride is trying it out this week, which means I'm reverting back to my later hours. I think she'll end up doing it from now on, so it's back to 8:30-5:00 for me. This is OK though; I love having that extra half hour in the morning, I love going to work when it's light out, and don't really mind coming home a little later. And I like it when hubby brings me in and picks me up. More in gas money, I suppose, but we've always been drivers.
I'd take the light rail, too, but I just don't do well going places on my own.
7. We're going to try getting down to Red Wing sometime before Christmas to go see Beth and Dana's new house and visit with them. XD.
8. I think that's everything for now...just wanted to give a bit more than I managed yesterday. :)